Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Better than breakfast


Bacon and Cheddar Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
Okay, maybe not everyone would think so, CJ's Eatery is generally known as a breakfast-all-day kind of place. They do serve some mean scrambles as well as a scrumptuous biscuits and gravy. However, what this place does very well also are its burgers. I had always known that the burgers here were good, but honestly, with this further assessment I was pleasantly surprised, I would say, more than pleasantly surprised. I originally was recommended this place when I had a summer internship in Belltown, and it's been a good place to eat, at least I've never been disappointed.

The meat quality in and of itself is pretty good, it's full and beefy in flavor. The burger itself is served on something like a large brioche bun, so it has a little more of that country-earthy flavor. It's a nice combination. The lettuce and tomatoes are fairly fresh, so it's a good combination. What makes this particular burger stand out is the bacon. It's not quite typical of what you'd expect in bacon burger. The bacon slices themselves were super hearty and substantial, not the thin crispy strips that I mostly see in other bacon burgers. It was goooood. I'm normally not a big fan of bacon burgers, but this one may have changed my mind. Condiment-wise they just give you mayo, but they do also do give you ketchup, Tobasco, and a nice seedy deli mustard.

The steak fries are a nice plus, a little over-fried for me personally, but it's a good touch. I like it.

Rating of the Burger:
Meat: B+
Bun: B
Fixings: A+
Sides: A-
Price: $8-12
Overall Rating: A
Recommended Burger: Bacon and Cheddar Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment