Sunday, July 11, 2010

Very much a BBQ place


T-Rex Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
Which means that you should stick with the BBQ not the burgers. They do use a fresh organic Hearst beef, which is also fresh ground on the spot (which I believe is the type of beef they also use for some of their ribs and brisket), and I have to say that it's good. However, T-Rex BBQ, well, let's say that you should stick with the BBQ and corn bread (yes, get the corn bread, it's good). This was once again another one of my forays in Berkeley, which ironically was recommended to me by my pescaltarian sister-in-law.

Anyways, the beef quality was good, you can tell that the meat was very fresh and the patty homemade. The bun was a bun, nothing fancy. I liked the fresh organic tomatoes and sprig of romaine, very fresh. You have to pay extra for bacon and cheese, I got bacon and white cheddar. I never really thought I'd say this, but I wish I didn't get the bacon. It really doesn't add much to the burger, but rather, takes away from it. The bacon here was way too tough and chewy, and overly dry, it really took away from my ideal burger experience. And here I thought because it was called "T-Rex" bacon that it would be special. Maybe CJ's spoiled me. As for the condiments, there were none that come with the burger, but they do have this smoked picante sauce that's really good on the side in addition to the typical ketchup and mustard (they seem to like Grey Poupon in California).

The fries were just not-quite-steak-fries-but-larger-than-regular-fries kind of affair, nothing to write home about, but complimented the meal well.

Rating of the Burger:
Meat: A
Bun: B-
Fixings: C+
Condiments: B
Sides: B
Price: $10-14
Overall Rating: B-
Recommended Burger: T-Rex Burger (no bacon)

No comments:

Post a Comment