Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ah the wonders of tourist attractions...


Hurricane Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
Not to say that this place is one, or that I would go out of my way to eat here. But rather, this place was located in a tourist attraction and frankly, there's no other food to be had within like 20 miles of the place. This burger (which I believe their menu calls a cheeseburger but the register calls a hurricane burger) can be found at the snack bar at Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park. Yes, I even am reviewing this burger.

The meat quality was fairly fresh, and by all the tourists there, I could tell that the staff was backlogged so, there must have been some prep work done beforehand. Nothing here is out of the ordinary, and if previous burgers have been like the picnic BBQ burger this is probably the epitome of it. I think I ordered my burger with pepperjack cheese and got cheddar instead, but I'm not really going to complain a whole lot about that. Anyways, the meat, as I said before was fairly fresh. The fixings also were fresh, and I enjoyed how they used romaine instead of iceberg for their lettuce, adds a nice touch to it. The bun was a straight forward kaiser roll, no frills, probably straight out of the packaging, generally I prefer it grilled, but hey, it's a pretty no frills burger, so this wasn't outside the norm. Finally, in regards to the condiments, well, like burgers I've previously had, this burger was condiment free, there was a tub of ketchup that came with it, so we'll say that the ketchup was the condiments, truly, your no frills burger.

The fries were actually an pretty good, they seemed a little different than your run of the mill fries, can't quite put my finger on it. I liked the crispiness though. I'm not a fan of the price tag on this burger, I believe the burger in and of itself (with fries no drink) is about $6.50, not really worth it to me, but hey, it is a tourist spot so I can't really say I blame them.

Rating of the Burger:
Meat: B-
Bun: C+
Fixings: B+
Condiments: C
Sides: B
Price: $6.50-$10
Overall Rating: C+
Recommended Burger: Hurricane Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment