Thursday, September 18, 2014

An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

At this point in time this little blog has become something of a novelty to my friends. They know I keep it and thus are always encouraging me to post more, oftentimes going out of their way to recommend burger places to go eat just for the sake of my blog. It's not a bad thing. Frankly, given my love of burgers, I personally don't really mind that much. It saves of thinking of another place to have to go eat. Thus, during another visit to the Bay Area, my good friend indicated that when you're talking about burgers in the San Mateo/Peninsula area two places invariably pop up, generally in comparison to one another. I only went to one, so I can only write about that one, granted in the context of all the other burgers I've had. This place was called Godfather's, named and themed after the hit 1972 Francis Ford Cappola film.

Now, it seems for some reason, many of my excursions this trip were planned around the opening time of these restaurants and so the wait time was rather short. The ambiance was quite nice and while the venue was quite empty during our little trip, I could see how it would be a popular dining location. Of course, you're all more interested in what I thought of the burger than what I thought of the ambiance. That's the important thing.

So I got the Untouchables burger, which consisted of roasted peppers, pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and a chipotle aioli. Everything was quite good. The burger was well prepared and nice and juicy, and the fixings and condiments complemented the flavor of the burger well. I might've liked a little more flavor to the aioli, but overall I can't complain. Additionally, the sides also came with some chipotle aioli and that had quite a bit of kick. So I'm not sure if they're different (I don't think they are) or perhaps the jalapenos sort of masked the flavor a little. That being said, all in all, it's a good burger, I'd definitely put it up at the top of my list in the Bay Area that I've tried so far.

They had a mix of sides, I got the standard side of fries and my friend got the sweet potato fries. Both were quite good. The chipotle aioli was good too. I have to learn how to make that. My own aioli that is of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment