Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Big name to live up to

The Hoss by jaceman4
The Hoss, a photo by jaceman4 on Flickr.
Granted I understand that this is a BBQ joint, being called L.T.'s Grill, it makes sense that I should've ordered BBQ (i.e.pulled pork) of some sort instead of a burger. However, I ordered a burger because, well, I'm a burger snob. Understandably, The Hoss, was a big burger, as its name somewhat indicates. Not that BBQ places can't make good burgers, but it's just not their go-to thing, so I can't say that I was disappointed as I wasn't really expecting a whole lot.

The burger in and of itself was pretty well made, the patty large and juicy, and it was grilled (duh) with a nice char. However, after that, there really was absolutely nothing to distinguish this burger from its smaller counterpart found at a local picnic BBQ. It was just a hunk of ground beef cooked on a professional grill. Served with lettuce tomatoes, two large cups of ketchup, and a side of fries. Not bad, not great, certainly not worth the price. So if you ever venture here, get some BBQ, not a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment