Monday, May 2, 2011

Simplicity sometimes is key


Huskies Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
So I remember coming here when it used to be a pseudo-Hawaiian burger joint. In fact, Rain City Burger still has the same mahalo trash can that the old place (I can't remember the name for the life of me) used to have. After perusing their menu (which mind you was relatively extensive but to me honestly fairly run-of-the-mill) I ultimately decided to go with what they call the Huskies Burger, which I assume was named for some reason for the UW Huskies.

The burger in and of itself was fairly well made. A 1/4 lb patty with 2 large onion rings on it. The patty itself, being only 1/4 lb, was somewhat overwhelmed by everything else on the burger, but from what I could taste, the meat was good quality beef. The bun was your typical sesame bun. The fixings were lettuce, tomatoes, and onion rings. The onion rings I could tell were fresh, which were nice. They weren't super crispy which gave an interesting (in a good way) flavor and texture to the burger as a whole. There's supposed to be some sort of "Rain sauce" on the burger, but honestly, the onion rings sort of overpowered everything.

The fries (which you have to get extra) were pretty good, your run-of-the-mill semi-soggy stuff. Some people like it, some people don't, I personally don't mind. I always have a soft spot for burger joints that carry malt vinegar as a side condiment. All-in-all, it's not a bad joint, but there's nothing outstanding about it either. It's pretty much what you see is what you get. So if you're ever wandering around the neighborhood, and are looking for something to eat, this isn't a bad place to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment