Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I don't think this is quite Apple approved...


Cali Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
I know, I know. I've been here before. I've reviewed a burger here before, but before you start. I've decided that I'm rating the merits of each burger rather than the merits of each burger joint. That being said, I decided (since it was in one of the more convenient locations that I drive by regularly) to give iBurger and Shakes another try. Why it's called iBurger, I have no clue, I'm sure it has some deeper hidden meaning or is something along the lines of trying to hop onto the Apple fad of putting a lower case "i" in front of everything to try to make it cool.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, all foods California are defined by avocado, so naturally, a Cali Burger must have avocado on it. This burger is no different. The patty was a typical 1/4 lb affair, well grilled, and the buns were your typical sesame seed affair, also well toasted. Neither were bad, but neither did either one stand out in good way. The fixings, as previously discussed, include sliced avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, and swiss cheese, all fresh. The smooth creaminess of the avocado was nice. There was a hint of smokiness in the house sauce that I liked, but there was a lot of other stuff going on so it was somewhat elusive pinpointing that flavor. I liked it, but I would've liked more of it.

The fries are your typical bag-of-pre-fried-frozen-potato-sticks affair thrown into a deep fryer. Can't really go wrong with that. All-in-all what sells this place is the location. It's convenient, though the knock on the location is that it is a ridiculous pain to find parking there. If you happen to just need a meal passing by, it's not a bad stop off, and this isn't a bad burger. Albeit a little pricey for what you get, but I've seen worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment