Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Simple burger for a simple place


LC's Hometown Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
Okay, I don't know if this is exactly what the burger is called on the menu, but there's really only one burger on the menu so it's all good. I had heard good things about the nice homemade type stuff at LC's Kitchen and finally had the opportunity to go yesterday evening with my cousin. It's a nice cozy place, despite being kind of in an awkward location on the busy Lake City Way.

The burger itself was well done, I liked the patty, and the steamed meltiness of the cheese. They have a good selection of cheeses too. The other fixings were quite fresh and the bun was well toasted. Unfortunately, like several burgers before, there was a lack of condiments inherent on the burger. They did have Tiger Sauce there, which is like a peppery BBQ sauce, it's pretty good, but also kind of watery so you have to add a bit of it to taste anything. Still, it was a pretty good burger overall.

For sides they have fries, which look rather well done, or salad, or soup, or cripsins, which I got. Crispins are essentially ultra thin onion rings, which I thought was really cool, it's like a mix of Funyuns and shoe-string potatoes. Again, not a burger I'd go out of my way for, but I do like the place, maybe I'll get something else there sometime. Rachel Ray recommends the custard, which they didn't have, apparently their dessert menu is on a day-to-day basis.

Rating of the Burger:
Meat: B
Bun: B-
Fixings: B+
Condiments: D
Sides: A-
Price: $8.25
Overall Rating: C+
Recommended Burger: LC's Hometown Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment