Saturday, April 3, 2010

I guess I didn't know Jack

When I first saw this, I wasn't really sure what to think of it. Needless to say, my expectations weren't really high, what after my previous experience with nationwide fast food "fancy" burgers. I have to say, my experience with Jack-in-the-Box has been limited, generally I only ventured for the Jumbo Jack or the dollar menu stuff, or breakfast. Anyways, I was actually really pleasantly surprised at how good this burger was. Okay, it's not like a phenomenal, blow-your-mind kind of thing, but for something that you'd consider to be franchised fast-food that you expect to be on par with other franchised fast-food, this is a good burger, the side of jo-jo's is a nice touch, as opposed to the fries, well... I suppose the curly fries would've been nicer, had they not charged extra.


So the meat was actually surprisingly well seasoned and full-flavored. It wasn't quite as beefy as I would've liked it, but it's actually pretty good quality, it might be something people like. If I were to draw a comparison it'd probably be a little closer to In-N-Out than Five Guys per say. It's got good texture and fullness to it. The fixings were a little, not fresh, let's say, and the condiments were okay, nothing special. Now, I'm not a huge fan of potato bread, but the potato bread bun was a nice touch, and well done too at that. I really don't have much more to add, so... sorry for those of you who are inexplicably riveted by my writing. All in all, a good call, I was surprised, especially since the Jack-in-the-Box I went to I wasn't really expecting much from anyways. Nice.

Rating of the Burger:
Meat: A-
Bun: A-
Fixings: C+
Condiments: C+
Sides: B
Price: $1-$10
Overall Rating: B
Recommended Burger: Sirloin Cheeseburger

1 comment: