Saturday, April 17, 2010

All I really have to say about it is: "I tried it"


Husky Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
It's kind of one of those things that I really don't have much else to say about it. I tried it because I heard so much about it. The only reason I remember coming to here was so that a large group could share dessert for somebody's birthday. They'd give you the mud pie with a candle in it, for free, if it was somebody's birthday. Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of The Ram. Apparently, they're a chain, spanning Illinois, Idaho, Indiana, Oregon, and Washington, so I guess I can't really tag this as a local joint. Anyways, I figured when I went that I'd go for the Husky Burger, and that was affirmed by my friend who said, "Being a Husky alum, you should have the Husky Burger at least once." So I did. Can I say I'm really better off for it? No, not really. I've had burgers here before, but this was before the advent of The Burger Snob so I guess they don't count quite as much.

Anyways, onwards. It's kind of ironic that I had this after Denny's Classic Cheeseburger, because if I think about it honestly, that's all this pretty much is, a giant one pound version of Denny's Classic Cheeseburger. Maybe next time I try the Angus Prime burgers, but I really can't say I care a whole lot for the quality of the product that comes out of the kitchen. It's okay, but not something I'd really go out of my way for. The meat was okay, had the full, hearty, meaty flavor you look for in a burger, the fixings were fairly fresh, and the bun was decent. Again they didn't put any condiments on to begin with, so overall, so you add your own. I probably should've asked for some A1, that would've made it better. Oh well.

I actually kind of like the fries, if they came out a little fresher I think I'd like them more, but in general, I liked their texture and flavor.

Rating of the Burger:
Meat: B+
Bun: B-
Fixings: B
Condiments: C
Sides: B+
Price: $8-$14
Overall Grade: B-
Recommended Burger: Tumbleweed Burger

1 comment:

  1. I actually like the Husky Burger...for the first several bites, but there's not enough flavor to get me through the whole thing without wishing I'd ordered something else.
    I haven't had the Tumbleweed Burger, but I've fallen in love with the Reuben Burger.

    ReplyDelete