Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let down...

Bayou Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
Maybe it was just that my expectations were high, but unfortunately, my late foray to Red Robin was quite disappointing. I came originally expecting to be able to dub this place the "best burger originating in Seattle" and either nostalgia has fried my brain or quite simply they don't make these things with enough consistency for me to make such a broad sweeping proclamation. Alas and alack.

Part of it I think is the fact they are cycling through their menu, and perhaps part of my let down of the experience was the fact that they are phasing out my favorite burger on the menu, the A1 peppercorn burger. That being said, I quickly decided to get the bayou burger.  Though it was a rather hasty decision as I was still kind of reeling at the discontinuation of my burger of preference.  That's not to say that I'll boycott Red Robin from now on, but simply, it was a shock, not a good one either.

To be fair, it was a decent burger, but there's nothing I can say about it that was exceptional. The burger had a couple of slices of pepperjack cheese, some peppers, some grilled onions, and of all things I think like coleslaw, minus the mayo, and some kind of sauce, all on a kind of kaiser bun. Overall the meat flavor was pretty good, butt it seemed a little overcooked this time around, the fixings were pretty good, there was a good kick to it, subtle but complimenting the burger well, something I haven't really seen in a pepper burger in a while. The bun is something of a kaiser/hoagie like bun, overall, 'twas good, but didn't add anything outstanding to the burger. Overall, it's a pretty safe burger so to say, you won't be dissatisfied with it, and Red Robin is generally not a bad place to go if you're craving some decent burgers.  I may have to amend my review, come back another time, I hope this was an exception, not a trend.

Rating of the Burger:
Meat: B
Bun: B
Fixings: A-
Condiments: B+
Sides: A+
Price: $7-$10
Overall Grade: B+
Recommended Burger: Whisky River BBQ Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment