Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back to basics

Angus Steak Burger by jaceman4
Angus Steak Burger, a photo by jaceman4 on Flickr.
So, I work now at the corporate headquarters of Price Chopper supermarkets, and they have a subsidized cafeteria, which, is run by the locally well-known Mazzone group, a management group that runs several gourmet restaurants in the area. I've heard the burger was good, so I opted just for a simple straight forward cheeseburger.

Well, the burger was well made, the fixings were fresh but plain, and the bun just a straight-forward burger bun. I added ketchup and deli mustard myself. It was interesting that they used a mild white cheddar when I asked for cheddar. Overall, it was a good burger, but nothing exceptional. The meat was good and well cooked, but it lacked some kind of flair, some kind of distinction, but I'm not going to get super nitpicky about this.

Unfortunately, while waffle fries were exciting, they were overcooked, and super crunchy. I know they fry these with their homemade chips and stuff, but it wasn't pretty. You can visit if you want some, but all in all, I'd say, lets go somewhere else for a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment