Thursday, July 7, 2011

Experimental failure

Tear Jerker by jaceman4
Tear Jerker, a photo by jaceman4 on Flickr.
Okay, maybe my title is a bit too harsh, but in my opinion, this place certainly wasn't worth all the hype it had going into it. Seriously. I came to Lunchbox Laboratory with high expectations, perhaps too high. Despite it being happy hour, and my coworkers treating me out, I still can't really honestly say that I would ever feel justified returning here. Not to say it was bad, but I personally don't think it was good enough to justify the price you pay, at least for the Tear Jerker.

The patty was a regular patty. They say kobe beef, and I'm sure the quality is better than your run-of-the-mill stuff you'd find elsewhere. Maybe I just got the wrong burger (again). The fixings on the burger were again nondescript. Your standard iceberg lettuce, a slice of tomato, a thick pickle wedge, some cheese. Of course being the Tear Jerker, it came with roasted jalapenos and some other stuff. The sauce was a buffalo sauce base, meaning: hot sauce and butter, basically the stuff you put onto hot buffalo wings. The bun was a bun, it served well enough. To be honest, the burger was spicy, and it was a good spicy, but there was so much of it you tasted only the buffalo sauce and jalapenos, the burger itself only adding texture. For all I knew, I could've been chewing on boca slathered in hot sauce on a bun.

All in all it wasn't bad. The tater tots were a nice touch on the side, though you could get sweet potato fries as well, which were a plus. I'm not a huge fan of shoe string fries, but they have them as well. It's a decent place to go, but frankly, to me, way too overpriced. The burgers are a bit small and frankly not really worth the menu cost. It's a novelty place, but that's about the only reason I'd go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment