Monday, April 11, 2011

Perhaps it's better when you're hungrier


Mushroom Burger
Originally uploaded by jaceman4
I can't say that this place was horrible, but I can't say that it's out of the ordinary. It certainly has changed since I first ventured here years prior to the creation of this blog. I decided one day to swing by the Burger Hut for a burger. Now, it's apparently a Halal Burger and Kabob Hut, as ownership has changed since my first foray. The main selling point of this place was that it was one of the few places open for students with late night food cravings, as the doors weren't locked until 3AM, a time at which, I imagine everything tastes better. The prices were more reasonable than previously, I opted for the Mushroom Burger.

The burger itself wasn't anything particularly out of the ordinary, the patty was seasoned with some pretty good spices (which I will venture is Middle Eastern/Mediterranean in nature) which was cool. The bun is your run of the mill sesame bun, the fixings your typical mushrooms, Swiss, lettuce, and tomato. I think there was ketchup on there, but I couldn't really taste it. Overall, the spices and from the sautee (of the mushrooms) kind of overpowered all other flavors. It wasn't bad, but nothing I'd go out of my way for.

The fries were fresh, but just fried, meaning, no seasoning, meaning, they tasted like crispy potatoes. A little bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment